Sunday, November 1, 2009

Decadent Double Chocolate Brownies

Here is a recipe that just about calls for an intervention. For those of you that are chocoholics this one's for you. I recently made these for my elk hunt that I am on right now. It's a good thing that I am putting in some miles otherwise I might be letting out my belt.

Ingredients:

Start with 1 box Trader Joe's Truffle Brownie Mix
1 cube butter
2 whole eggs
1/2 Dark chocolate bar ( I use Green and Black's 85% dark cocoa) chop into approximate 1/8" to 1/4 " size pieces.

In a medium size bowl add the ingredients as follows:

Melt butter so it is creamy, not liquid.
Next add eggs and mix gently.
Add brownie mix and do not over mix.
Now add 1/2 dark chocolate bar and gently mix.

Heat oven to 350 and pour brownie mix into lightly greased or buttered oven safe pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes depending on oven. Be sure to test with a knife for doneness. If the knife comes out clean, brownies are done. If not bake for a bit longer.

These are intense and somewhat habit forming. Tough to eat just one. Enjoy!

Women's Hunting Journal Integrity For The Hunt

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not suppose to be on the computer while your hunting.

I am going to give this recipe to my wife so she can make some. If I did it I'm sure I would mess it up.

Terry Scoville said...

Rick,
You are right. I pre scheduled my posts before I left town. Got to love that about Blogger and these modern times were in. Enjoy the brownies, they're tough to mess up.

Unknown said...

Hey Terry,
Just got your info and saying hi. Happy hunting, looks like things are good. Enjoy the season! Tiania

Kristine Shreve said...

Oh, I love this recipe. I have to try this. It won't be good for my waistline, but my tastebuds will love it.

gary said...

I should never have looked at this at this time of the afternoon. Chocolate has a power of its own. Coffee and brownies - can't beat it!

Terry Scoville said...

Kristine, you are right on both! I only make these when I know I'll be putting in some miles and not letting my belt out.

Gary, right you are. What a great combination. Enjoy!

spotted face said...

Double chocolate rocks!

Blessed said...

Coffee & brownies... kinda like heaven on earth!

Barbara Baird said...

I really like what you're doing here and your writing voice rocks. Please get in touch with me at babbs@womensoutdoornews.com, and we should talk about a wild hair idea I have to run by you ... can't find a contact form for you or anything else. And, man do those brownies look good, but can you substitute another brand if you live in Podunk and don't have a Trader Joe's?

Related Posts with Thumbnails