Thursday, April 16, 2009

Scrambling, Spinning and Quandering


Where in the world has the time gone? I have been in a vacuum of sorts lately. Spinning in circles and wondering if I am making any headway at all.

Spring cleaning turned into staging my house to put it on the market. It has never ever been this tidy or clean. If anyone is interested in a nice home that is an easy keeper here in Central Oregon please raise your hand NOW! Time for me to scoot back up the road and get into Bend proper. Here's the listing information and as always please email me with any questions.

What else is new? Well going to see the Dr. this morning and hopefully I will be able to start doing some cardio. my knee is doing much better and with the warmer weather just days away I am really getting the itch to get out on my road bike. In all reality though that may not happen for a bit longer. Patience, patience, patience. I do realize in the big scheme that it's only been 2 1/2 months since I got hurt and I only wish I had a faster metabolism these days. I'll tell you, when he says I can start walking miles, you can bet I'll be putting them in! So will my little hunting buddy Jet. Time to shed a layer and I'm not talking clothes either.

My work in the shop has come to a screaching halt and I continue to stay optimistic in an ever disappointing economy. It's better than the alternative in my book. Guess I'll make some more bird houses. I am hoping to get down to Lowlands in May and do some birdwatching. It's a great place and a wonderful time of year. The mating rituals are in full swing around here now. Have lots of Red Crossbills, White Crowned Sparrows and some Tree Swallows hanging around my home now. Several other species too, but those are the cream of the crop for now.

The 8th. Annual Quail Flats Wild Game Feed is scheduled for next weekend and looks to be a wonderful turnout with all sorts of good food. Will let you know the details post event. Lets just hope it doesn't snow.

Women's Hunting Journal Integrity For The Hunt

10 comments:

gary said...

Thought you'd fallen off the face of the earth!

Nice place - LaPine huh. I was in on building a couple buildings there when I was in construction in the mid 70's. One was the Western Auto store, not sure what it is now as it seems every time we go through there its something different.

It is nice to see some springtime stuff around - hope reigns.

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you. I can relate to the bad economy, I think it is hitting all of us in one way or another.
Hope you have a good time at the dinner and be careful with that knee.

Terry Scoville said...

Gary, hey the Western Auto has become Napa Auto parts and it's a great store. How is the Bear hunt going for your father in law? Do tell. I hope to get out next month myself.

Rick, glad to be back thanks! I did get the go ahead to start working out more and caution is the name of the game. Such a relief.

Blessed said...

we're just talking about doing the whole "get the house ready to sell" thing and I'm already overwhelmed! Anyone want to buy a cluttered house on the outskirts of a major metropolitan area in the midwest that needs a small bit of cosmetic work? I think I've finally convinced hubby that it is insane to expect me to get the house cleaned, uncluttered, extra stuff moved to storage and then maintain it that way indefinitely when I'm so pregnant I can hardly bend over :) but after the baby gets here I already know what I'll be doing!

Terry Scoville said...

Blessed, I can not imagine doing the staging of my home were I to be expecting and have a young one running around already. Time to call in the troops for a helping hand!

Jon Roth said...

Terry, that is a great quail print. Very cool. Sounds like things are busy and going well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you have some stuff going on. I don't envy you having to move. I did it last year and I don't want to think about it again for a couple years at least.

Shawn K. Wayment, DVM said...

Terry...

I hope the house sales well! It's very nice and I use to date a gal from your town...it's nice, but Bend would be even sweeter! I also hope your knee heals fast for the Fall! If you have any ideas how to change our crappy economy, please pass then on to the higher powers!!!

Have a great weekend!

Shawn

Terry Scoville said...

Kristine, believe me I fully understand having just moved here 2 and 1/2 years ago, uggg!

Thanks Shawn, I hope I get it sold before winter. I am not interested in shoveling more snow. All went well with the Doc yesterday. Got the go ahead for starting cardio again. Slowly and with caution. All good news, as for the economy I'll let you know when I know. Cheers!

Jen "Display homes" Ambers said...

The places you've mentioned really excites me!
Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails